Friday, January 31, 2014

Customized Bamboo Cord Valentine's Day Card


Happy Friday! Nicole here and today I have a fun card using custom colored Bamboo Cords. Bonnie carries all sorts of hemp cords over at the RRR online store and I picked few of them this month. Among those I ordered the Bamboo Cord Multi-weight Set. You have 4 different weights that fit all of your crafting needs in this assortment and it comes in white. 


So I thought, why not make it more fun? So here I am using some of the Distress Paints to create colored bamboo cord to fit the card them for today. I am using Victorian Velvet, Picked Raspberry, Fired Brick, and Seedless Preserves.


Steps are quite easy. All you do is paint on the cords to die them as your liking. I use 2 cords for each color so I would have plenty to cover up my front layer.


To dress up the card, I went from light to dark, starting from the top. I stamped a sentiment on a vellum cardstock and adhered it onto the space I left between the darker colored cords. Added couple of mini sequins, just for fun!

Thanks for checking out today's project- Hope you have an awesome weekend!

3 comments :

  1. Great idea and a really cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple yet so sweet love this treatment have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fun idea!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say