Sunday, July 26, 2015

Christmas in July: Blue Christmas Card

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!

How are you surviving the summer heat? It has been sweltering here in North Carolina.  I only go outside to water my herbs and check the mail...and even then I break into a sweat.  Ugh!  So I've been spending a lot of time in my studio working on building up my card stash.  And to help keep myself cool, I decided to work ahead (for a change) on my Christmas cards.  And what is cooler for Christmas than a frosty blue, silver and white color palette, and shimmery Blue Topaz Satin Swiss Dots Ribbon



























I bet you feel 5 degrees cooler just looking at this icy cool card!  I used my Zutter-Bow-it-All to create a triple loop bow with the Swiss Dots Satin Ribbon.  I love how soft and shimmery this ribbon is, and so easy to work with!  I topped it off with a little bead/berry spray to add even a little more glitz and glam to this holiday card.

























The beautiful image is from Polly's Paper Studio Retro Christmas Creative Kit.  I added a little glitter and stitched the focal to white burlap.   The beautiful bow and layered silver snowflake framed the image perfectly.

Here's a peeky at the inside:
























Now that's one Christmas card down...and only about 99 to go!  Hope you are staying cool and finding time to be creative!

Cheerio,
kathy

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say