Sunday, December 18, 2016

Retro Santa and Rudolph Card with Pocket and Tags

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Do you have all your Christmas cards made yet?  I'm just about finished, but I had an idea today for a very fun twist on my signature pocket cards. 


Black Plaid Ribbon and Snowflakes on Red Satin Ribbon make this retro Santa card festive and fun.  This 5x7 top fold card is made with Authentique's Retro Christmas collection..


To help keep Santa and Rudolph warm while they are out delivering gifts in the sleigh, I slipped a packet of hot chocolate behind a belly band on the inside of the card.  To do this, I simply cut a strip of designer paper, matted it on black cardstock and then just glued the ends on either side of the top half of the card.  The cocoa packet fits perfectly!


Then I made a pocket for the bottom half of the card. I created some cute tags and then used ivory burlap string to tie on Christmas charms. The mini envelope is made with one of Tammy Tutterow's dies. It has this cool little window in it that is just the right size to hold an itty bitty chocolate.  These goodies all fit neatly into the pocket on the bottom half of the card. Of course, you could tuck a small gift card in there as well.

This would be such a cute little Secret Santa gift!  Oh, and I did a "quality control" test on the hot chocolate to make sure it's up to Santa's standards.  It passed with flying colors!

I hope you're finding time during this busy season to enjoy a little creative time for yourself.  It's great therapy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,
kathy


1 comment :

  1. I adore your Santa Christmas card and how it contains such a sweet gift. Merry Christmas Bliss and Jingle Bell Joys...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say