Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Grateful, Happy and Blessed Autumn Themed Cards

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  I don't know what it is about fall, but it always stirs up thankful thoughts and feelings.  Both of these cards are made with Simple Stories "Vintage Blessings" collection.  I found the perfect ribbon to go along with the rustic vibe of both cards.  Take a look.



See what I mean?  I just love these country prints .  I created some felt embellies over the weekend, which was loads of fun.  But I  needed a ribbon that would tie all these different colors together.   This Rust/Ivory Plaid Ribbon hit all the right notes.  


On this cute card, I used just a snippet of the ribbon as a finishing touch for the safety pin embellishment in the top left hand corner. This was actually a scrap of ribbon left over from tying a larger bow.  I simply  trimmed the ends, slipped it through the circle end of the safety pin and tied it in place with a Natural Burlap String bow.


I was amazed at how this tiny bit of ribbon and burlap string made my embellishment pop.  It was such a simple addition, but it made a big difference in the design.  I love that about ribbon!  Here's a closer look at some of the other details on this sweet card.




Inside, I added a cute little  recipe card, tea bag wallet and honey stick to the pocket.



Grateful, Thankful, Blessed Easel Card


I used this  lovely Ivory/Rust ribbon again to tie the triple loop bow on this 5" x 7" vertical easel card.  

Here's what the card looks like closed.  



I love the way the bow cluster draws the eye to the sentiment on my little house.  


I managed to fit a small chocolate pocket on the inside of this happy card.

I hope I've shared some ribbony inspiration today that you'll be able to use  in your own crafty adventures.

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

2 comments :

  1. This is over the top gorgeous!! The stitching, the embellishing, the felt pieces!! Absolutely beautifully done, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say